With the Neptune Convertible Art Lens System, you can achieve countless creative styles. By interchanging the three front lens components, you can shoot at fixed focal lengths of 35mm, 50mm and 80mm. Each Art Lens System also comes with a macro adapter so you can get incredibly close to your subject for intimate, detailed shots. Each front lens has its optimal maximum aperture, but you can push beyond these to experiment. That’s not all — the Neptune Convertible Art Lens System also includes six special aperture plates that you can insert in front of the iris diaphragm to edge your frame with delicate bokeh shapes. Small and light, it’s the only thing you need in your camera bag — no matter where your creativity takes you.
Inspired by the world’s first convertible lens system invented by Charles Chevalier in the late 1830s, the Neptune Convertible Art Lens System is three prime lenses in one — it’s unlike any other lens out there.
Flawless Images at Three Fixed Focal LengthEach component is assembled by using the finest multi-coated glass and crafted to produce exceptionally sharp focus and strong, saturated colors. Inspired by Neptune’s moons, each focal length is determined by the proximity of their lens’ namesake to that distant, blue planet.
Perfect for architecture, street and reportage. With a closest focusing distance of 0.25m, you can capture all the gritty details that make this beautiful planet we live on so captivating. Its optimal maximum aperture is f/3.5.
Ideal for fashion, editorial and everyday photography. It comfortably captures everything from full-length portraits to editorial spreads and produces very little distortion. 50mm also produces delicate bokeh — particularly when fired at the largest aperture of f/2.8. Despina’s closest focusing distance is 0.4m.
80mm has a very shallow depth of field, meaning that it produces beautiful bokeh backgrounds perfect for framing portraits. Bypass the optimal largest aperture of f/4.0 to experiment with the blurred areas in your shot even more. Proteus has a closest focusing distance of 0.8m.
By simply mixing and matching the lens components, apertures and plates, you can adapt the Neptune Convertible Art Lens System to every shooting situation — whether street, fashion, nature, portraiture or just the beautiful simplicity of everyday life.
The Neptune Convertible Art Lens System is compatible with both digital and analogue cameras. It’s available in Canon EF, Nikon F and Pentax K mount, and compatible with a range of other cameras using adapters available from Lomography.
- Mount type: Canon EF
- Lens Focal length: 35mm, 50mm, 80mm, front lens group convertible
- Front lens group mounting mechanism: bayonet mount
- Aperture type: multi-scaled Diaphragm + drop in aperture plate
- Multi-scaled diaphragm aperture: 35mm: extended and f/3.5 - f/22, 50mm: f/2.8 - f/22, 80mm: extended and f/4-f/22
- Field of View: 35mm: 63°, 50mm: 46°, 80mm: 30°
- Filter Thread: 52mm
- Focusing Mechanism: Helicoid
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.25m (35mm), 0.4m (50mm), 0.8m (80mm)
- Macro Adapter: 0.18m (35mm), 0.22m (50mm), 0.5m (80mm)
- Lens Construction: Lens base: 3 elements in 3 groups, Front lens group: 4 elements in 4 groups for each focal length
- Multi coating: Yes
- Electronic Contacts: No
- Lens body: Aluminum
- Lens Base
- Front Lenses 35mm, 50mm, 80mm
- Front and Rear Lens Caps
- Macro Adapter
- Manual and Photo Book
- Lens Certification Card
- Warranty Card
- Cleaning Cloth
- Lens Pouch
- Six Special Aperture Plates
- Lomography Lens Adapter Canon EF - FUJI X