For black and white photography, colored filters are used to bring out the different shades of grey and get your desired contrast of your photos.
- This filter is the most widely used
- Ideal for beginners since yellow filters can be used in all types of photography
- Good for separating shades of green, good for photographing plants
- Landscapes: produces the most subtle effect, darkens sky slightly, balances exposure against darker grounds
- Portraits: produces warm, natural, flesh tones
- Lightens: yellow, red, pink, orange, lime green
- Darkens: blue, violet, purple